Hydrocortisone modified-release hard capsules
Treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) in adolescents aged 12 years and over and adults.
AMBER 0 for the 2nd line treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) in adolescents aged 12 years and over, and adults, in the following circumstances:
- Patients showing signs of excess steroid replacement with alternative preparations such as prednisolone and hydrocortisone
- Patients who have a specific difficulty with taking multiple daily doses of hydrocortisone
- Patients developing Testicular Adrenal Rest Tumour (TART).
- Patients desiring and not achieving fertility
- Problems with pubertal growth and development (paediatrics)
The dose of hydrocortisone and the patient’s clinical condition should have been stabilised and reviewed prior to prescribing responsibility passing to primary care clinicians.
Amber level 0
Reason for decision:
Suitable for GP prescribing following recommendation/initiation by specialist