1.1 Liraglutide is recommended as an option for managing overweight and obesity alongside a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity in adults, only if:
• they have a body mass index (BMI) of at least 35 kg/m2 (or at least 32.5 kg/m2 for members of minority ethnic groups known to be at equivalent risk of the consequences of obesity at a lower BMI than the white population) and
• they have non-diabetic hyperglycaemia (defined as a haemoglobin A1c level of 42 mmol/mol to 47 mmol/mol [6.0% to 6.4%] or a fasting plasma glucose level of 5.5 mmol/litre to 6.9 mmol/litre) and
• they have a high risk of cardiovascular disease based on risk factors such as hypertension and dyslipidaemia and
• it is prescribed in secondary care by a specialist multidisciplinary tier 3 weight management service and
• the company provides it according to the commercial arrangement.